OVER ONE THIRD OF THE WORLDS POPULATION….
APPROXIMATELY 3 BILLION PEOPLE ON SIX CONTINENTS….
LIVES OR WORKS IN BUILDINGS CONSTRUCTED OF EARTH’
Join our Network and Benefit from our Content and Research
As an EARTHA member you will be will be
• Added to the mailing list and receive details of events by post or e-mail
• Entitled to concessionary entrance fees at EARTHA events
• Able to advertise earth related services on the EARTHA website
• Entitled to vote at the AGM and take an active part in the organisation of EARTHA
• Able to network with other professionals and building owners with an interest in earth building
• Have access to the members area which includes:
- Technical advice sheets
- Members blog
- Survey of earth buildings in Diss
- Frequently asked questions
- Committee minutes
Eartha Est. 1994
EARTHA is an association of like minded people and organisations whose aim is to foster the cause of clay building in East Anglia.
WHAT WE DO: Demonstrations and hands on workshops are held during the warmer months at various locations throughout the region, these cover the two principal forms of clay construction i.e. wattle and daub, and clay lump.
WHO CAN JOIN:
Membership is open to individuals or organisations; these can be grouped as building professionals, conservationists, craftsmen and women, owners of earth buildings and any individual or organisation who would like to contribute to the promotion and conservation of earthen architecture in East Anglia.
Would you like to become a member?
Advice On Repair & Conservation
Block Making Demonstrations
Promoting New Earth Building
Training In Earth Building
Wattle and Daub
Cataloguing Existing Earth Buildings
Earth buildings can take many forms and adopt many techniques some of which are illustrated below